Member Help2Go Moderator

Default Incredimail users..please help.

Hello everyone,

I've run into a snag with a hard drive. I'm trying to recover data off of it and they have incredimail installed. Anyone happen to know which files to backup so that I can do a reinstall and restore their already downloaded/saved emails into incredimail?

Thanks in advance,

Partie™

Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hope this helps Partie
    IncrediMail, an alternative e-mail client with rich multimedia capabilities, usually stores your e-mail under the following folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\IM\Identities\
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities\

These are the default locations for IncrediMail e-mail to back up.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Bear, I do appreciate the link but the problem is that I can't get into Windows to run that wizard. I just hope that copying and pasting those files in the folders that Canuck suggests will work easily/correctly. Thanks again guys.

Partie™

Your welcome Partie, please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Ok so I didn't find the folders that Steam posted but I did find a DATA folder in C:\program files\IncrediMail. That contained everything I needed but to be sure it would work I downlaoded incredimail onto my machine and then I imported his data by clicking "file" The import button. Then I ran the wizard that bear suggested.

Thanks again guys,

Partie™