Default does anyone know why i would be getting like color lines.

hi when i started my computer up and clicked on the start to go to my internet explorer.I noticed i had a bunch of color lines or such that was broken up.also got it when i was in a private chat on a game room.I get this off and on and have ran my virus scan to ensure no virus's,and made sure i had latest updates.hoping someone knows the problems as it's getting irrating.thank you

We can't read minds, please read this and provide some information.

When asking questions here please supply as much information as possible. It isn't easy to help you solve problems without some of this information. If you dont know all of this information please provide as much as you know or ask us and we can point you in the direction of some great system information tools to help you in this regard.

Computer Manufacturer:
    Computer Model:
    Operating System:
    CPU:
    Hard drive size:
    Amount of memory installed:
    Sound card:
    Video adapter:
    When did the problem start:
    What you were doing when the problem first appeared:
    Any new software or hardware installed recently:
    Any other information you think might help.

Finally, remember that everyone here is a volunteer. No one gets paid to post answers to questions. Please exercise patience while waiting for a response.

If you have success with one of the responses, please post back and let everyone know what worked for you. Of course, a big thank you to all who have assisted in fixing your problem is always appreciated and the only real payment our members receive for their time.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

A bunch of color lines. Retrace lines on a crt scan 525 times a second if my old tv knowledge is correct. Sounds as though your crt display or monitor could be going bad is it old?

Default here is the additional info.

Hope it's not thats it's old (can't afford a new one yet) manufacturer is dell,computer model:dell corporation computer dimension 2350 A02,operating system: windows xp home edition service pk 2,cpu: 2.20gigahertz intel celeron,8 kilobyte primary memory cache,128 kilobyte secondary memory cache. Hard drive: 29.99 gigabytes usable capacity.22.33 gigabytes hard drive free space. amt of memory installed: 512 megabytes. sound card sound max (only have what came with computer),Vdeo adapter intel graphics chipset driver and graphics platform driver. I had recently downloaded a free office program wheich i had just deleted a few days ago as i couldn't figure out how to use so thought i would delete as it was taking up room(space) It may have been after this that i started noticing it as i haven't done anything different then that.I had done a total reboot before all this so it was fine at first. I mat try a window repair and see as well.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Firstly there are control buttons on your monitor. One opens up a disply, the others nvigate through various menus and activate settings. One setting is called degause. Run it. The screen wil jump a little then settle down. If that fails to fix the problem do the following.
    Right Click on the desktop and choose Properties.
    Click in the Settings Tab then clcik advanced.
    Under Monitor click the box that says Hide Modes This Monitor Cannot Display, then it the box aove that choose the fasted speed.
    See if that fixes the problem.
    Also depending on your graphics card most have a wizard that runs though setting up your colors and screen setting.
    Games are notorious for resetting graphics and never returning them back to the default settings.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default thank you anyway

but none of this helped,so i will do a complete reboot and see if it solves problem.

Default Re: thank you anyway

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyesvn
    but none of this helped,so i will do a complete reboot and see if it solves problem.
    Reboot or Reformat? Big difference, there is no need to reformat your computer for a problem this minor. If you meant reboot (restarting the computer) that's a good idea.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.