Thread: upgrades

Default upgrades

I have an older HP and apparently the xp I have was not registered and I get error msg that it isnt genuine. I can buy and update reasonable through work but will that fix the problem?

Also I would like to get a DVD+R/w what is the specs I have to have to install that on my pc

thanks

Hi - Download and run the free program at the link below. From the report produced by Belarc, post details here of your processor, amount of RAM (detailed under the heading 'Memory Modules'), size of hard drive, Graphics card, if any (it will be detailed under the heading 'Display')
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

As it is a HP and an old one at that your updating options will be very limited. You may find it cheaper to buy new computer. You can still use the monitor, mouse and keyboard.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.