Default password protect cds

Hi guys.
    Can you tell me how too or is there any way i can password protect cds and for that matter any files on my pc. I have already burned the cds so it is a programme or method after burning i need.
    I am using windows xp professional

Hope you guys can offer some advice

Thanks and regards Cremora

In Windows XP you can right-click the folder and select 'properties." Go under the "sharing" tab and click "make this folder private. There is software available for cd's and i think you have to encript every file burned to cd, my thoughts lock the cd's in a cabinent . If you wish you can conduct a search (password protect cd's)

Depending on your file system, Fat32 or NTFS you can make your files secure. Ntfs offers folder level protection while Fat32 only offers file level protection.

How to Make Make Folders Private on a Shared Computer
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...s/dougxp1.mspx
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator

The only way to really password protect the CD after the fact is to put a user limit on the CD Drive. Easily done with XP Pro but not XP Home.

If you would like the link let me know but I think it's a little extreme since you'd basically be blocking everyone from accessing the cdrom drive unless of course that's what you would like to do.

Partieā„¢

As far as password protecting the CDs, you could bring the files back into the computer, compress them, require a password to uncompress, then reburn them. Charlie