Default want to uninstall IE 7

i just got IE 7 and i'm not happy about the thing on the top that keeps spinning around whenever i go to a new page,

what am i an idiot ? i need to see that all the time over and over again or i won't know i'm downloading a webpage ?

don't like that type of stuff, find it demeaning, i know it's the trend, but flashes on my screen annoy me, distract me, much of the time these flashes are meant to distract,

does anybody know if there is a way to turn the circling thing off ?

If you want to uninstall IE7, open Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs, check the box that says Show Updates. You will then see IE7 in the list. Select it and click Remove, this will revert your computer back to IE6. HTH
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I have IE7 installed and I cannot see any spinning anything. Maybe it is some added tool bar that is doing it.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

it's a clock wise spinning in the tab label, for the tabbed browsing,

this happens when you are waiting for a page to load, maybe if you are on high speed, it happens so fast that you don't notice it,

whoozhe, I think they mean this, see screenshot. It spins while waiting for pages open.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Hi Changin'

What kind of connection do you have? I have Cable and the evnt you are describing only lasts for a split second then goes away.

Terry
    AMD 1.8gHz WinXP Pro 1GB RAM ABIT UL8 MB 450w Power Supply AVG Free edition

yep Bear, that's it,

i am on dial up connection and it can spin for about 40 seconds sometimes, link after link after link,

just want to turn it off,

you must know what i mean with all the blinking advertisements on the web,