Default Reading RAR files.

Hi All - I've downloaded some RAR files ( printer service manual). Anybody have any idea of a freebie I can use to view them? Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Here is a link to a free 40 day trial of Winrar that should do the trick:
    http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-...ml?tag=tab_pub
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

RAR or rather .rar files are compressed files just like .zip. They need to be opened with a compressing/decompressing program. Most of the well known programs will open most compressed formats, for example if you're using winzip, it too will open .rar files. Try your default program before downloading another. (Windows comes with it's own program .. forget the name, but should work).

Thanks Clark and Canuck - It turned out that two of the 5 files were corrupt and wouldn't unzip anyway. Fortunately I found a PDF Service Manual elsewhere that will give me the info I need. Thanks again for your input. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome