Default I can't delete a document on Word Perfect 11.

I created a document on Word Perfect 11, and needed to save it for a few days (in My Documents) . Now I want to delete it, and there is no pop-up with the word "delete". I can bring it up in the file, and can delete that individual document, ( from the keyboard) but it still remains in the file and can be brought up again. I have tried all kinds of ways, but then, I'm not that computer savvy. I hope there is someone out there who is familier with WP 11, and can help solve this prooblem. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Make sure the document you want to delete is not open. If the file is open, Word will not allow you to delete it.
    Click the Open button on the Standard Toolbar.
    Locate and select (i.e., click once to highlight) the name of the document you want to delete. If you would like to delete several files at the same time, you can hold down the CTRL key and click the name of each file until all to be deleted are highlighted.
    Click the stylized X button at the top of the dialog box (or tap the DELETE key on your keyboard).
    A dialog box will appear asking if you're sure you want to send the file(s) to the Recycle Bin. If you want to delete the file(s), click the Yes button. If you have changed your mind and don't want to delete the file(s), click the No button.
    When you're finished, click the Cancel button in the Open dialog box (this will not cancel your deletions).