Default Help to watch videos from computer on TV...connection prob.!

I am trying to set up my HDTV so that I can take videos that are on my hard drive on my computer, and watch them on my tv. I have run a cable from my computer's ATI graphics card's DVI slot, into my HDTV's HDMI slot. So, connections really isn't the issue...I just can't seem to make anything work. I've downloaded the new version of ATI Catalyst, but all I've been able to get to work on my tv is just a copy of my desktop picture. What do I need to do so that, when i play a video through Nero or Windows media player, it shows up in theater mode on my tv? This is really confusing me!!!

Thanks for any help!
    K.C.

Suggest that you do a google search for:

ATI Catalyst problems

Generally TV's hooked up to a PC, make crappy monitors. Check with the makers of the card and TV for help.

BG

If you are getting your desktop on your TV then you are almost there. It is just a setting you have wrong. There is 2 ways to do it.

1) There is a wizard you can run from the catalyst software. You should be able to get to it from the sart menu. Follow each step and choose the option for movie viewing on your TV.

2) Right click on an empty space on your desktop and choose properties then settings. You should be able to set it from here by adjusting the settings for your primary & secondary monitor.

Option one is the easiest though as option two can be "fiddly".

FYI HDTV's make excellent monitors.