Default internet explorer 7 problem

hye there
    since i installed ie7 from microsoft update my hot keys on keyboard which used to take me straight my chosen links no longer connect to the internet also some sofware i installed prior to ie7 connects to let me know updates are available but when i click ok to install this is also blocked and i have to go to the site via google and update this way
    has anyone had and fixed this problem
    cheers

Hi - Uninstall IE7, it is still buggy and causing problems for a lot of people. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

cheers galena

Default IE7

I have probleme with it too. How do I uninstal and how do I install IE6? I´m a novis.

To uninstall IE 7 go into "add/remove programs" found in the control panel and look for Windows Internet Explorer 7. Highlight it then click remove. Follow any prompts given then your system should default back to version 6.

Hope this helps
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

OK. but I don´t have IE6. I did a format of the disc and then they installed IE7.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhd
    OK. but I don´t have IE6.
    Yes you do, IE is part of Windows. If you have Windows you have IE.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Ok, I trust you. But all my favorites, do they transfer direct to IE6 or do I have to do someting to transform to IE6? You see I´m a novis but I´m 72 years and just started with CP :wink:

Hi - Your favourites shouldn't be affected but if you want to make sure they are not lost you can save (back up) your Favorites via IE File > Import and Export > Export Favorites. If need be, import then using Import Favorites. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thanks [/img]