Default alphabetize list

I have copied 5 lists to ms word and combined them into into 1 list I have tried to alphabetize the combined document, size is 1683kb,all with different fonts (ie underlined,itallitized, caps) and it appears to be too big to put in alphabetical order(or too complicated for micrsoft?) is there any way to do this? I have tried the traditional way table>sort>etc but it leaves some of the list not alphabetized! Please Please help if you can I am at the point I am willing to try anything I will probably have to do this by hand or buy a program to do this for me! Do you have a recommendation on what to buy? thank-you for the help I greatly appreciate it.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

How about putting it into a spreadsheet and then transfering to word?

thank-you duh i have not thought of that mmmmm tried ALMOST everything

cdm

Yes Canuck suggestion is the most sensible. Excel was made for tasks like yours and it simplifies your work. Make sure your make all your changes first in the spreadsheet before transferring to Word.
    If it is to be me, it is to be me.

Hi - A free option would be to download Open Office, the link is below. The 'Calc' option of the software is the one you want for a spreadsheet (this will become clear when you have downloaded and installed Open Office).
    Open office is compatible with Word so you may find there is a facility to transfer your existing information across, but not 100% sure of this.
    When all of your info is in the spreadsheet, highlight it and go to the top Toolbar and you will see A and Z with a vertical arrow alongside.

Click on one to sort alphabetically from A, or the second one to, yes, you've guessed it, to sort from Z.

http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.4...&version=2.0.4
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome