Thread: boca bro

Default boca bro

recently my computer was attacked by some sort of program,because i wasnt sure if it is a virus or some sort of worm.Here goes, at first a command window flash in my screen twice and then may antivirus program exited by itself then when i was trying access task manager by pressing ctrl alt del it will show up for a second then minimizes by itself without showing itself in the start bar. I tried accessing the folder options and msconfi but it wont either. So i used the cwsshredder but a dialouge box pops out saying theres a missing .dll file and the cwsshredder cant start. So i used spybot but spybot doesnt detect anything. I used adaware and 2 critical stuffs found in the registry so i cleaned it up.But when i repeated it to make sure those critical stuff were gone, those two showed up again and was detected by adaware. So i tried using my antivirus again, it will show up for a second then exits by it self.I looked in c: to see if theres anything new then i found these notepad documet named "boca bro!" so i oppened it then 2 command window flashed that seems it installed something in my computer. Then after that the notepad showed up were there were words written in what i think is malaysian.
    So i deleted it, but still it didnt fix the problem. So the last thin i did is system restore. It worked with some minor problem.My antivir was reverted to the old one which is panda.I tried uninstalling panda but it wont.So i tried accessing it but nothing happened.
    Two things:
    1. Can you explain to me what just happened with my computer
    2. how can i uninstall/remove panda so i can install a new antivirus?

Wow Joe, that's allot of information but you forgot to mention 1 thing. What version of Windows do you have installed?
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Can you explain to me what just happened with my computer
    Your computer is infected with malware. Have a read here on possible ways you may have been infected:
    http://www.castlecops.com/postlite7736-.html

I suggest that you go through the steps in this link to have the malware removed:
    http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...wtopic/t,9709/

how can i uninstall/remove panda so i can install a new antivirus?
    go into add/remove programs in your control panel and look for it there to remove it
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Wow Joe, that's allot of information but you forgot to mention 1 thing. What version of Windows do you have installed?
    oh yeah,hehehe my bad. Windows Xp home, service pack 2