Default 2 questio:PC hangs a bit on desktop picture when starting up

Hi guys,

I tried installing a netgear wirless router over the weekend, without success.
    I used the CD that came along with it.
    Now, I am having 2 "problems":
    1)when I start up my computer, it loads up normally, but when the picture of the desktop shows up, it is completely blank of icons or even the sytem tray. I can move the cursor. THen after exactly 2 minutes, the icons appear and the items in the system tray start loading. Before, the software install, this 2 minute waiting period never occurred. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a registry value that I can change which would stop this from happening at startup.
    2) THe wireless icon in the system tray which looks like 2 monitors stuck together-> I right clicked on it and choise "View available networks". Usually, it would show all the networks, but now, it said that something about if I want to use this feature, I have to run ocz. It also gave the microsoft KB document to lok at which I did, but it looks complicated.
    However, the intell wireless icon(which looks like a clam shell) works and I can view networks through that.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem after trying to unsuccessfully install wireless router on their computer. But, any advice, comments would help.
    thanks,
    B.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I'm assuming that this is a new Netgear router? If so, give their Help Line a call and they'll walk you through the set-up.

Member Help2Go Moderator

#1 could be many issues. If you just installed something new (which you did, router software) uninstall the application and reinstall it.

#2. Just means you have to use the netgear software to configure your wireless settings and not the windows wireless settings software. If you wish to do use the built in wireless settings you may do so by going into the wirless connection settings and enabling windows to configure the settings.

Partieā„¢

Thanks guys,

I am planing on calling netgear tomorrow so they can help me setting up my wireless.
    Please close this post.
    Bob