Biz

Default How do I remove digital signing?

Hello again! I don’t know how set my Outlook Express to require my outgoing to be digitally signed. This causes an extra step before sending as I have to click tools and unckeck digital signing before I can send each one. How can I remove the required digital signing each time? --Biz

What version of Windows are you using? Also what version of Outlook Express? Is this your anti-virus causing this, what anti-virus software do you have installed? You should be able to turn off the scanning of outgoing mail. We can probably help you with this but we will need more information.

Edit: just checked my OE settings, see if this works for you. Open OE, click Tools, click Options, click the Security tab, uncheck the box that says Digitally sign all outgoing messages. Now click Apply and then Ok. Does this solve your problem?
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Biz

Yes, problem solved using the tools>options ect. And I thought I had looked everywhere for the solution! Thanks for the illistration too! ---Biz

Your quite welcome, I'm glad we were able to help.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.