Default logitech optical wheel mouse compatibility with Ie7.

Hello, I just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 and im having a compatiblity issue with my Logitech optical wheel mouse. The problem is that when im in Ie7 brousing a page when I use the scroll wheel to move down or up and let my finger off of the wheel it keeps on scrolling for a few more lines or until it hits the top or bottom of the page. I did not have this problem with the previous version of Ie. I dont have this issue when using msns browser, only Ie7. I went into mouse properties and made sure it was still configured and it was. I have it set to scroll 3 lines. I talked to a Microsoft tech and all they came up with was that there was a compatibilty issue with Ie7 and some mouse ware. If anyone has a thougnt on this id appreciate your input. Thanks, Tom.

Hi - IE7 is still causinga lot of problems for some people. I suggest you uninstall it through Add/Remove Programs. It will automayically revert to IE6. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

I would try seeing if there is an updated driver for your mouse that might fix your compatibility issue. Just my two cents worth
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Default Mouse

I have a logitech optical wheel mouse, When I did the IE7 update the mouse actions stayed the same, However it runs from a High speed USB 2.0Pci card and a USB hub, Wonder if it would correct if you ran the disc agin,

Default Logitech optical wheel mouse compatibility with IE7

Thanks to everyone who responded! I took Clark76 's advice and tried to update the driver for this mouse and guess what , it worked!!!! :P Best Regards........Tom.

Glad we could help
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum