ads

Default what protection to use

I have just bought a new laptop and would like some advice on what free protection i can get like anti virus anti spyware firewall that kind of stuff i would be really pleased if you could help me on whats the best free protection thanks

Hi ads - AVG v7.5 anti-virus and Zone Alarm firewall. Also Microsoft Defender. Regular sweeps with Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware is also recommended. Add to this Spywareblaster. All of these programmes are free, and effective, downloads, just Google them. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Read this link on the different recommended programs here at Help2Go for computer security:
    http://www.help2go.com/article152.html
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

ads

Default how long is it free

galena1 thanks for that but could u tell me ow long the trial of avg is i hear its good so it must be like a 30 day trial if its longer could u send me da link plzz thanks

It is not a trial. It is free.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng...nti-virus-free

Scroll down till you see Version 7.5.430 And Click on that link.

ads

how comes when i downloaded spyware destroyer it deleted all spyware then i download avg anti spyware which found more then i downloaded windows defender which found more and so did spyware blaster how comes this is then ????????

How come you downloaded spyware destroyer who advised you to download that program?

Some spyware programs actually deposit spyware on your computer. Some spyware programs claim that there is spyware on your computer that is not there. I don't know if spyware destroyer is one of these programs or not. I do know that it is not one that I have seen recommended.

Spyware blaster does not find spyware it prevents it from being installed on your computer. You claim that spyware blaster found more how comes this is then ????????

The only spyware protection that I have on my computer is Spyware Blaster. It along with the firefox browser keeps my computer clean.

It is my opinion that if you visit certain notorious sites, Some spyware and/or viruses will get through any thing that you have on your computer. I am not suggesting that to be your current situation, but I have included it here to let others know that it goes with the territory.

Spyware Destroyer is not a reliable spyware remover software. It's listed at the link below as suspect and known to give false positives to attempt to get you to purchase the software. If you insist on using software that is not recommended here at Help2Go you will be on your own if you have problems. Help2Go only supports software programs that have been tested and are known to be effective at spyware removal.

Below is some information you might want to read about Spyware Destroyer.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Also as stated by Nicknamed in his or her reply above Spyware Blaster doesn't remove anything. Spyware blaster prevents rouge software from ever being installed on your computer. You can read all about Spyware Blaster at the link below.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.