Default Windows Media 10 Help

HI All,

I have all my music on an external hard drive. When my Windows Media Player loads the music into it's library, some of the tracks are highlighted in such a way that I can't read the information unless I select it. It's strange because this only happens with some of the tracks and not others. I've tried adjusting the colors, but it seems to be something deeper than that.

Has anyone run into this problem? I have attached a screen shot below. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Mscape

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

A reinstall should do the job .. this happened to me too. Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > check the box at the top 'show updates' then scroll down to WMP 10 > highlight and delete. Don't worry, your settings will be kept. This will automatically revert to WMP9. Reboot if Windows didn't do this in the process. Now go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0/default.aspx and reinstall 10. You will probably have to reset your preferences, but this is minor. WMP 11 is out now, it is a major departure from 10 in that the sorting is by Album (which cannot be switched off .. a major pain. There have been enough complaints to MS that hopefully they will issue a patch .. not holding my breath :shock: ).

Default Great Advice!!!

I uninstalled WMP10 and installed WMP11 and it seemed to fix the problem. Plus, WMP11 is much cooler.

Thanks a million for the help!!!!

Glad to hear you got it sorted out, thanks for letting us know.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.