Default Now I have a Media Player 11 problem

Ok, so now that I've gotten WMP11 to work and set up all my playlists, I have a new problem.

All of my music is on an Iomega external hard drive plugged in via a USB port. Everything works fine until the moment I connect my Sandisk Sansa MP3 Player. All of a sudden, WMP11 can't read any files from the hard drive. It's as if they're gone. Even when I use the windows explorer, all the folders are there, but no files. Not until I remove the MP3 player, shut down the hard drive, and then turn it back on do the files re-appear.

I've tried restarting but that did nothing. Any suggestions for this oddity?

Thank you,

Mscape

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Check your USB drivers in Device Manager and see if there are any problems (yellow ! or ?).

There are no problems in device manager. Like I said, the hard drive works perfectly when the MP3 player isn't connected. It's like they can't exist at the same time.

Have you looked in the forums at the hdd and mp3 player websites to see if anyone else has had similar problems?
    I LOVE MY COLTS!!
    First Regular Season game in Lucas Oil Stadium - Sept 7, 2008 - I need to be there
    I'm going to the super bowl!

Neither site has yeilded any results. I couldn't find any similar problems, and posting on their newsgroups and technical support sites hasn't brought me any solutions.

If anyone here knows of an answer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Probably a quirk in WMP11, suggest you revert to 10 if that worked for you. Both IE7 and WMP 11 have not been out too long and both are going through teething problems. Give it a couple of months for the bugs to be ironed out.

I tried that, but my system rolls me back to WMP9 and that is incompatible with everything I have.

That's fine, now that you've got WMP 9 .. gop to MS site and download WMP 10 .. no problem.

When I go to MS's site and try to download WMP10, it automatically gives me 11. I've tried several times and it's very frustrating.