Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Internet Explorer 7 or my computer?

I have run across a problem that I have never encountered before. I have had Internet Explorer 7 for months now and have had no problems. In the last 3 days, I have not been able to access myspace.com at all on my log in. I have been able to access it before with Internet Explorer 7 and have not changed any settings. If I log out of mine and log into my daughters (on the same computer) I can access myspace through her internet explorer 7. This seems to be the only site I'm having problems with. Is this a problem with my computer, or internet explorer? Should I get rid of 7 and go back to 6? Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? :?
    Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Before reverting to IE6, check to see if the site is being blocked by your firewall.

Default Firewall

Well, the firewall is not blocking the site....I even turned it off and tried to access it and it still told me that the site could not be displayed. Not sure what else to do here. I do have myspace in my favorites list and usually access it from there. I have tried typing the URL in to the address bar and trying it that way or even going through a search engine to access it. Nothing. But the minute I get onto my daughters account on the computer, I can get into it just fine! Why would I be able to access it from hers and not mine....we both have IE7!? I installed all the updates to IE7 last night and it still didn't work. Wonder if I should just reinstall it? Maybe there is just something in my account that is corrupted? Or maybe I shouldn't use IE7, we are not allowed to download it at work as there are too many problems that it causes. Hmmmm. Any more thoughts? Thanks!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

My personal opinion is to hold off downloading 7 .. I tried it too and found it to have bugs. In a couple of months most of them should be ironed out .. it's just not worth the hassle.

Well, I uninstalled IE7. That did not help. It still states that the site cannot be displayed. So obviously it is not IE7 since IE6 does the same thing. My firewall is working correctly and is not blocking myspace. My network connections are all just like they should be. I know I do not have a virus....I'm stumped! Should I try a different browser, like firefox?

Why not it's one of the first things i try get firefox from:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Alright, I downloaded firefox and tried that. Here is the message it gave me:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

So obviously it must be my settings. My security settings are set to medium, and they have been forever. Firefox says that a reason that may be happening is that I am blocking their cookies. I don't think I am with everything set to medium....plus it was working last week just fine! :? :?

Not sure where else to change anything....any more ideas?????

I just tried getting into myspace a few minutes ago on IE6 and it let me in....tried it on firefox and it gave me the same message as in my last post. Don't know if it was a fluke that I got in on IE6, but the problem has and has not been solved I guess!

ads

i had same problem its just all the stuf you put on the site backgrounds pics they have lots of cookies so it gets block on options set it to the lowest when ur on the site then u will ahve no problem its nothing to do with ie explorer delete firefox get ie7 back

Cookie settings shouldn't mess with your connectability, but let's give it a check anyway. To see what your cookies-related settings are in Firefox, you can pick "Options..." from the Tools menu. From there, you're looking for the Cookies subsection--click the + sign next to that. If you're set to accept cookies, and myspace.com isn't listed under "exceptions," then that's not our culprit.

The way Firefox said that the server is redirecting you is a little bothersome, and my first thought is they might have banned your access, and that switching user accounts somehow circumvents that. IE6's compliance makes things even odder.

If you can connect with that computer, but with only one user account and only with a certain browser, we may have a case of malicious software. Check up on this article and follow its instructions, and report back if it helped the problem--if the problem's still around after all the scans and cleanings, then you might want to post the HijackThis log (as indicated in the article) in the Help2Go Detective on the left hand side of this page, or in our Spyware help forum for expert analysis.
    "It's everywhere, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, but the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." ---Unknown Armies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast