Default Is there an XP idiot's guide?

Can anyone recommend a decent XP tutorial, I'm used to 98SE and ME - even the work computers are set to look like 98. I need to get used to XP.

I'm finding the Media Centre a nightmare (not the Media Player) and I can't even remove programs from the start up

I don't like IE7 and I can't say that I'm fond of the new Firefox (which I use all the time)

Sorry for having a moan! Thanks

See if the link below is helpful.

http://www.learnthat.com/courses/computer/windowsxp/
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I don't like IE7 and I can't say that I'm fond of the new Firefox (which I use all the time)
    If you don't like either one of those browsers there are good alternatives you can try.
    Opera
    Flock
    SeaMonkey - combined browser and email manager unless you download only Navigator

There are others but those popped into my head first. It does not hurt to explore other options in browsers :wink:
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Wow thanks guys

The tutorial is just what I'm looking for and I've downloaded Opera - I like the look of it compared to IE7 and Firefox, I'll give it a go.
    Gemini

hello gemini

the following link leads to a very useful piece of freeware for maintaining your xp environment:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

one of ccleaner's features (in the 'tools' tab>startup) easily removes progs from startup.

Cheers
    'Everything is relative', said the speed of light.