Default Network connection

Hi there
    I have a Dell P3 Windows XP home with high speed internet connection. My external modem was connected to a router. I had no other computers connected to this router. One morning the router just died on me and i removed it and connected my pc directly to the external modem that my ISP gave me. I'm able to log on once with my username & password but then once i disconnect and no longer log back on without restarting my computer. Also i have 2 seperate LAN connections on my taskbar - one is on when my internet works but the other says low or no connectivity. I've tried uninstalling my network card and rebooting thinking it might reset my connections. The low connectivity icon is causing the issue but how do i fix it? Thanks for your help.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try reseting your modem. If there's not a reset button, unplug from power for about 30 seconds and then reconnect.

Thanks canuck - i've tried that. Will work for the first time but then fails to logon again. The 2nd icon still says limited or no connectivity

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Have you checked out this problem with your ISP? They will check your connection and modem, if they can't find the problem, we'll try and take it from there. Keep us posted.

i called my ISP - they said the signal and connection on their end works fine. When i asked for help - he said its not your internet, its a networking problem.