Default WINDOVS XP INSTALL

i have one realy big problem... its like... i have one computer, its not mine but i know its new. So when he want to get disc formated go to that blue screen normaly but when we come to that question if you want to repair press R or if you want to install press ENTER we presed enter and than... there is a text and saids ... something about hard disc... that we dont have drivers instaled or its not connected on mother board (wich is ... i check that) i dont know what is wrong ... every answer is good .... THANK YOU

Default PLease repost your Error Text

make sure your PC is detecting the HD at black screen start up.
    Please post the exact text as it reads on the blue screen. :?:

Member Help2Go Moderator

It's could be because he has a SATA hard drive installed inside the computer. If that is true then he will need the floppy that came with the hard drive (or the cd that came with it to make the floppy). If you can't find or don't have the floppy then you can probably go to the manufacturers website of the drive and download the correct files.

Partie™

I think that the RAID funkcion is enabled in bios but i cant find it in BIOS version 3.31a

Member Help2Go Moderator

The raid function doesn't matter, it's the type of hard drives you are using. Please open up the case and see if you are using SATA or SCSI drives inside. If that is the case you will need the drivers. During XP Setup it'll say "Press F6 to install 3rd party scsi or raid drivers" you will press F6 at that moment and put in the floppy that i mentioned above so windows xp setup is able to see the disk there.

Partie™

THIS IS THE TEXT

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program

cdm

not sure if this site might help:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18329.html
    If it is to be me, it is to be me.