Default Medion Hard Drive Problems

I am using the above external hard drive. We've had it 3 days and it's starting to play up.

At first it was small things such as unable to write to the disk, then it started to be unrecognised by the computer. Now it wont even stay on for long, I plug it in and it whurs up then just stops again.

It's really beginning to annoy me.

Anyone suggest anything?

[edit: typos]

Hi - Check all cables are correctly fitted, or replace them. Assuming this is a new drive, you should return it to the shop for a replacement. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

I thought that might happen.

All cables are fine, I'm thinking that it might be getting too hot. So I'm keeping it off for a few hours and placing it in a cool area for about half an hour. I have been running it practically none stop since we got it.

Luckily we have 2 other USB cables so I'll try that too.

I'll keep you posted.

(Thanks for the quick reply)

Well, it's still listed in the Device Manager, yet not in My Computer.

I'm had it with it. It's going back and they're going to have a mouth full by me (even though they "cant be held responseable for loss of data").