Thread: 2 questions

Default 2 questions

I updated adobe reader and got with it the yahoo bar, can I just remove it from my programs to get rid of it? Next question I don't have the option to add or remove it or any programs from the add&remove program page which I had before what did I do now? Thanks ahead for any help!

Default Re: 2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by dmcwlvssr
    What did I do now?
    To answer your question I don't know what you did, although others might.

Alternatively you can remove it with third party programs such as CCleaner or Eraser.

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

Mr. Nick.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Question 1: Yes, you can just remove the Yahoo Toolbar and it will not effect adobe reader. Seperate program/installer all together.

Question 2: A little bit more info please. Does anything at all show up in the add/remove programs list or are you just not finding a certain program?

Partieā„¢

all my programs show up but it gives me no options, when I click on it only tells me size when or how often used.
    HP XP SP2

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

To remove Yahoo bar, click the Customize button on the bar > Uninstall. Or if your version is older, on the left side of the task bar, where it says Yahoo, there is a down arrow right beside it. Click on the arrow, the menus gives the uninstall option.

This is a good opportunity to remind members/readers to check all the pages/windows when downloading programs. Many of these programs offer 3rd party addons/programs that are set to download automatically. It's the same with allowing the programs to be placed in Startup (they usually use words like ' would you like this in your toolbar', but the option is already checked off.

dmcwlvssr

I am not sure about this but I believe you have to have administrator rights to remove a program. Does your log in name have these rights?
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

The previous posts should get it uninstalled. I just want to add- ALWAYS read any information that is presented prior to install. I guarantee that there was a box that was already checked for install Yahoo toolbar. You need to uncheck it before downloading Adobe. Ccleaner is another program that wants to install the Yahoo toolbar. I love the Ccleaner program, but need to remember to uncheck the Yahoo box before installing. Charlie

Many Thanks! Duh easy, when you know what to do. That did the trick. I will remember to read things throughly from now on!