Default upgrading pc chat

hi there folks,

ive been using computers for yrs now, but i suck using and installing new pc components. below is a list of all my stuff and just wondered if any can tellme that this new system is do-able. and if anyone can tell me how big (dimensions) are the components.all if poss. cheers

PROCESSOR
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, Socket 775, 2.67 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB Cache, Retail + Free Game £348.96 Inc VAT at SCAN.CO.UK

http://www.digitalkind.co.uk/INU_Pro...P?ref=27304495 £ 339.14 Incl. VAT

ebay at £275.00 + £7 p&p seller
    Seller: immediatepie( 51)
    Member: since 12-Jul-06 in United Kingdom
    Registered as a private seller

MOTHERBOARD
    EVGA 122-CK-NF68 NF680i SLI, S775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 1200/533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX
    Manufacturer Code: 122-CK-NF68

Price: £194.45 Inc VAT
    http://www.advancetec.co.uk/acatalog/Gaming_Shop.html

GRAPHICS CARD
    XFX 8800 GTX £379.99
    www.digitalkind.co.uk

RAM
    Corsair¬ģ 2Gb (2X1Gb) CorsairTwinX XMS2 Dominator, DDR2 PC6400C4, 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 3-4-3-9, EPP
    Manufacturers Code: TWIN2X2048-6400C4D
    Stock Code: MEM-2GIG-COS-DOMINATOR-6400C4D
    Price: (£217.38 Inc VAT)

PSU UNIT

Thermaltake W0116RB 750W Toughpower Psu W Cable Management
    http://thermaltech.co.uk/shop/therma...modu-p-86.html
    PRICE : £75.69

HEATSINK FAN
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    £20

If you want the size of these, check their web site or write the seller.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator

I'm really curious, are you saying you have already purchased this stuff? if you have, why would you spend so much money when you don't know what you're getting or what it's capable of?? Luckily it turns out you did a rather good job. You should be able to pretty much do whatever you want to do with that machine from gaming to video/music editing and the general email and web surfing.

Partie‚ĄĘ

hi cheers for the replys, and no i dont have these parts yet.

many thanx

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

To be honest you would probably do better buying the same spec system already built.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

sorry im lost now doodes, wht specs r u talking about? the ones i want?

hi there

its me again :-D

was just wondering, do you think that my want-to-be (THERMALTAKE) PSU its more than enuff or are the betta ones out there, and how far do you think i shud go to overclock this baby in the future?

many thanx

Hi - I think what Whoozhe is saying is that, by you own admittance, you 'suck using and installing new pc components'. Do you really want to spend all this money and risk screwing things up by assembling it yourself? It may be worth paying someone to put it together for you and let them have the responsibility.
    Also, you intend, possibly, to pay out all this cash, and then talk about overclocking it. Your attempts at overclocking, with your possible lack of knowledge, could prove to be very expensive. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

and back to my question ...
    was just wondering, do you think that my want-to-be (THERMALTAKE) PSU its more than enuff or are the betta ones out there?

Partie has already answered your question.

You should be able to pretty much do whatever you want to do with that machine from gaming to video/music editing and the general email and web surfing.
    I think you need to have someone build this PC for you. It appears that English is not your first language. There will a lot of things to read as you assemble this PC.

You already have £ 1200+($2,500 USD) and that does include case, Hard drive, monitor or operating system.

The PSU should be fine. Are there better ones ? Every day something new and better hits the market.

As far as over clocking -There are all kinds of sites that deal with that subject.

BG