Default Please help, think what i wanna do is impossible

People, please help if you can, this is a long shot, asap advice would be appreciated.

The scenario,

Got a piece of uni coursework to be in tommorrow at 2.00pm, i had done 1300 words, upto last night, was just about to start finishing off tonight and when i opened the file, the 1300 words had gone! I think whats has happened is that when i did a word count last night of the content which is my own work, i must of accidently deleted the 1300 highlighted words, and then (yeah u guessed it) i've saved the file. What is the chance of recovering the lost words?? Microsoft word is the said file, and is saved on a memory stick,

please help, otherwise i'm up for the next 18 hours working on it.

thanks

Paul

check out this post
    http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...topic/t,17074/

My daughter ran into a similar situation last year. Charlie

Don't save anything else to the memory stick, it could overwrite any chance you have of recovery.

Default Not quite the same

I havent lost the file, i've still got that, buts its minus 1300 words, i wanna recover the words, but maybe thats impossible????

download the program from the previous link. You can run a trial version for free to see if it recovers anything. If you want to restore it to your computer, you'll need to buy it. You could copy it by hand for free if it finds it.

Link to DOC regenerator :
    http://www.dposoft.net/

Charlie

Grim, i'd just like to say thanks for your help, i've managed to recover 1000 of my lost 1300, will be able to survive now, thanks again

Paul

Member Help2Go Moderator

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211632

You can also try this. Close any open documents that you have in word. Then...say for instance your big file was saved in C:\projects\myfile.doc

Open my"my computer" on the desktop and select "tools" then "folder options". in the folder options window click the "view" tab and then put the bullet next to "show hidden files and folders" also UNcheck "hide extensions for known file types" AND UNcheck "hide protected operating system files (recommended)". CLick "apply" button then "ok" button.

Now browse to the folder via where you saved that file at and hope that there is a file in that folder starting with a tilda (~). It'll be more transparent than the rest of the icons. That should be your last backup of the file you were working on before the changes were made.

Partieā„¢

using the doc regenerator basically does the same thing, although using parties method does allow you to open the file up within word, the doc generator does allow this, but only on the full version, not the free download.

regards

P,

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Lesson learned. When creating vital documents save it twice under different names. Use one for editing so if all goes wrong you have the original. Best idea is to ave the original to a floppy or flash drive.
    Once you are happy with the editing save it over the original.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.