Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Your browser does not suppport frames."

I get this message from time to time, and am not sure what to do about it. Did a Google search but found nothing pertinent. Should my browser "support frames"? Or is it better for it not to. I don't even know what frames are, other than the obvious (ie picture). Thanks any advice.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer or Firefox etc? Have you downloaded the latest version of IE 7? If you have, suggest you uninstall it and revert to IE6 (Control Panel > add/remove programs> check the little box at the top 'show updates' >scroll down to IE7 highlight and uninstall). Keep us posted.

I don't even know what frames are
    Click the link below for Wikipedia's definition of what web page frames are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framing...ld_Wide_Web%29

Hope this helps
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Normally when you see that error it's not an error on your part. It's the coding of the website. JMHO
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Sounds like you are using a very old browser. As stated in other replies update IE to at lease version 6 or better still get Firefox or the excellent also free Opera.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thanks for advices. I have explorer version seven (7) which I really like because it has "tabs" that let you go back and forth without losing things. If reverting to the older V6 would restore "frames" I guess that would be good, but it is a dilemma. Keep one, lose the other. Guess I will have to make that lonely decision soon. Tx and rgds

Quote Originally Posted by paulandjean
    I have explorer version seven (7) which I really like because it has "tabs" that let you go back and forth without losing things.
    If you like version 7 because of the tabs but end up having to roll back to version 6 then I suggest to try some alternative web browsers

Opera
    FireFox
    SeaMonkey

These are just a few different ones to try.
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Am guessing then that this means any one who uses IE nr. 7 can NOT have "frames." That the only way to get them is either use IE version 6 or earlier, or one of the other browsers such as Fire Fox. This certainly would seem to be a deficiency in IE 7, I wonder if the IE co. is aware of it. The people would be complaining I would think, the ones who wanted "frames" that is.

paulandjean

Perhaps you got a bad install of version 7. I have IE7 and the frames work fine. Roll back to version 6 then try reinstalling version 7. Let us know if this helps.
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Some people are having difficulties with IE7 .. I'm one of them among many ... why, is a good question, but unfortunately it's a fact. MS is aware of these problems as their forums are filled with complaints/problems with IE7. I suggest that you wait a few months to allow for the bugs to be ironed out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast