Default rtl70.bpl and vtl70.bpl

I am using a note-taking program that lately has taken to refusing to close without resort to task manager/end program. When I try to exit, I get "Access violation at address 4002E87D in module 'rtl70.bpl'. Read
    of address 01A11EDC. Alternatively I get a similar error for 'vtl70.bpl.' Think it's always the same address for each.

If I close the program before I've used it to much, there isn't a problem. But after I've been entering notes for a while it won't close on its own.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance for any help.

The program is Scholar's Aid. So far no luck getting any suggestions from them. Or finding a way to contact other users.
    Same problem on 3 xp machines with three different installations of the program.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Bpl tells me the program was written in Delphi. This file is a DLL type file.
    Microsoft have a tendency to cause problems with some applications with it's patches and updates.
    First check the application's web site for any updates or patches.
    Also other applications may have replaced a vital file with an older version.
    My suggestion is back up the data uninstall then reinstall the application. By reinstalling it it should correct this problem.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default reinstall Scholar's Aid

I tried checking for updates for Scholar's Aid, backing up the data, and reinstalling Scholar's Aid. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. But what you are saying makes sense. I just don't know what a next step would be.