Default Unable to locate installation log file.

G'day,

I installed a second hard drive, as a slave, and installed "Windows 98 Starts Here" from a CDROM. I later removed the slave drive and got rid of it. The program is listed in 'Add Remove Programs' and I can't uninstall it.

I get the following message:

"Unable to locate the installation log file 'e:\WIN98SH\Uninst.isu' Unistall will not continue"

I have attempted to reinstall the program from the CDROM but the same message is displayed. In addition it says:

"Not enough disc space on the target drive while attempting to copy files. To continue first free disk space on the target drive"

I came across a suggestion to: "Boot your system in "Safe Mode" them highlight the program in Add/Remove in the Control Panel. Right click and choose delete on the drop down menu".

Is there some way I can remove WIN98SH from the 'Add Remove Programs' list, and my computer?

Reguards,

Skygel.
    System Setup:
    XP Home (Service Pack 2)
    1800Mhz - P4(R)
    40G - ROM
    760MB - RAM
    AVG antivirus

Hi skygel- Have you tried putting the slave drive back and uninstalling it?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

G'day Galena1,

I formatted the drive and installed it in a friends computer, so that option is not avaliable.

Reguards,

Skygel.
    System Setup:
    XP Home (Service Pack 2)
    1800Mhz - P4(R)
    40G - ROM
    760MB - RAM
    AVG antivirus

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

What are you trying to remove. If it is whatever was installed on the slave drive only then all you really have is an entry in the Add/Remove list.
    As long as your system is working ok then don't worry.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.