Default One quick question

If i download limewire and have all the files stored on my Maxtor 200gb exteral harddrive, and i download some songs. Now lets say one has a virus or a worm or trojan can it infect my interharddrvie of Sony Vaio Laptop? Can it crash my Exteral? I would like to know thanks.

We won't help you with problems related to P2P software here at Help2Go, sorry.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

it is not a problem i was just asking if it is clauseable.. Also im new my bad you all.

Peer to Peer file sharing is ilegal in the U.S. This site is based in the U.S. so we won't help with any questions related to software, music or movie piracy. Once again sorry but we can't help you with this.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

If you want to listen to the songs why not buy the CDs and support the artists that wrote and perform the music?

Ok im going to refase my ?'s. I have a friend bob. I ment him at school. I dont know him to well. He sends me a song he made with his own beets and lyrics, but his computer has a virus and it attatches it self to his song. I get it trough aim, and i save it to my external. Could this virus infect my interal and or crash my interal/external.

And one side ?. How do u protect a external HD/?

Short answer is yes. Just because the drive is not inside your PC, doesn't mean that the PC is immune.

BG