Default Lap top screen shrunk

I don't know what I did but my lap top screen has shrunk and I can't get it back to original size. How do I do this?

What version of Windows do you have installed? What is the make and model of your computer? Have you installed any new hardware or software recently? Sorry but we can't read minds.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

cdm

If you have WinXP - try starting up the laptop. Once you're on the desktop - right click with your mouse and hit Properties. Then go to Settings - There you might have to change the screen resolution.
    If it is to be me, it is to be me.

or it might be as simple as using the buttons on your screen to adjust the view manually ?! if there are any of course.

Could also be the resolution settings. Right-click on desktop -> Properties

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

If you have a black border around the screen image then open the settings as stated before but choose Advance then Monitor. The graphics card may have a setting to stretch the screen vertical and horizontal.
    On PC monitors this is done on the screen itself so I am assuming there are software settings to do the same.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.