Default Norton Antivirus & Spyware

I have Norton Antivirus 2006 when I scaned the computer fully ,the result was " No Viruses, Spyware, or other risks were found" where as when I scaned through SPYWARE DOCTOR resulted 36 files were found.I am confused when Nortopn is showing No Spyware were found on the other hand Spyware Doctor is showing 36 .
    I intend to know whether Norton Anti Virus 2006 is not proper to detect any spyware?

Khurram

I'm not a big fan of Norton, but different programs look for different things. No one program will find everything. I would recommend AVG Antivirus instead of Norton, Zone Alarm Firewall, Windows Defender and SpywareBlaster. All of these programs are free, will work together and do an excellent job of keeping your computer clean.
    Charlie

Hi All:

Grim: Spyware Doctor is a legitimate program, assuming they are not talking about Spy Doctor. (ref: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm)

Qazihadi: No one program can protect you from everything. If they could, I would buy it.

Any anti virus/spyware/adware program are subject to false positives. I am not saying that Norton is the best/right and Spyware Doctor is wrong.
    They are just look at things a different way.

Just remember only one Anti virus program and one firewall. You can use more than one anti spyware generally with no problems.

BG

My mistake, it gets confusing with all of the similar names. will edit my previous post. Thanks BG.

Grim:

If you edit your post, mine won't make much sense.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

It doesn't :?
    Some so called anti spyware applications that offer a free online scan but no removal service will say anything to get you to buy their product.
    I doubt that Norton, even though it is NOT the best, missed 32 of those pests.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.