Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No placyback device !!!!!!!

i have the same problem as this guy - http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...topic/t,22450/

BUT i accessed my BIOS and disabled the on-board sound, and now its still occuring..... this is REALLY important for me because im a music producer. I use an M-audio FASTTRACK USB (which is external) there is an on board soundcard but ive uninstalled it and disabled in BIOS. I install my new one using the newest driver that i downloaded from the official site, it says it installed successfully but this happens. (btw it WAS working a week ago for the session i was using it. System restore doesnt correct it)

Im using windows xp home sp2.... with a Compaq Presario, pentinum 4 procesor 515, 512mb ram, 260 gb HDD...... PLEASE HELP

Member Help2Go Moderator

From what I can tell this is only an input device. Not an output device hence why you have no playback devices listed in the sound properties. You should enable your sound card and plug your speakers into that. I do know that the unit you are using has RCA out and Headphone out but I think that is to just hear the input not for the computer to output. I could be mistaken.

Partie™

but on my old pc. it worked. and on this one - but it only worked breifly. I plug my speakers into the soundcard and everything i know how to set it all up. just the situation with the actuall pc drivers and stuff seems a bit messed up. :cry:

Member Help2Go Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet21
    but on my old pc. it worked. and on this one - but it only worked breifly. I plug my speakers into the soundcard and everything i know how to set it all up. just the situation with the actuall pc drivers and stuff seems a bit messed up. :cry:
    So you're saying that you used to have your speakers plugged into this device and you were able to hear sound from your PC on this device? It's really weird because all things that I see it's just for recording but I'm not much of an audiophile so I'm not sure. If it were me though. i'd reneable my onboard sound card and use that for output and use the usb thing for input.

Partie™

i still have my powered monitors (which NEED this soundcard) connected to my fast track, it definatly is an input and output device, because i was playing audio last week using the same set up i have now, must be something i have to do about the old internal soundcard (Realtek HD somthing somthing) i uninstalled the old soundcard, that MAY be the problem... but my speakers dont connect to that Realtek soundcard at all so i dont understand.

heres an image of my soundcard

http://eshop.macsales.com/images/Ite..._track_usb.jpg

Member Help2Go Moderator

Sorry to be of no help and just bouncing back and forth with you but upon reading the manual i stand corrected (not that i didn't believe you, just misunderstood :wink: ). Was wondering if you happened to install the software FIRST then plugged in the device or did you plug in the device first and let windows install it? Try uninstalling the m-audio device from the device manager and restarting the machine with the device UNPLUGGED from the computer (not attached at all via USB). Run the cd to install the software and restart the computer. THEN attach the m-audio usb cable to the computer. You will then get the windows found new hardware wizard. Tell it to automatically install the software. It states this in the manual and I could only imagine that its because the built-in software for XP is crap so they want you to use their software (they/their being m-audio). Here is where I was reading from http://www.m-audio.com/images/global...ck_UG_EN01.pdf on page 6 of the .pdf file.

Partie™

i dont have a disk im using drivers downloaded from their website.... but im sure it will work.

so when it says continue anyway / stop installation , i should click on stop ? this does come up after ive installed the driver actually.

Member Help2Go Moderator

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...912&o=15&f=717 that is their newest driver taking note that it's only compatible for Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher so you must have service pack 2 installed.

Now take these steps.

1. Go to the website listed above and download the software. DO NOT install it, just save it to your computer.
    2. After download is complete open up the device manager and remove the m-audio device from teh device manager and SHUTDOWN the computer.
    3. When the computer is off unplug the m-audio device from the computer and turn the machine on.
    4. After computer is turned on and finished loading windows then INSTALL the driver. If the error you are recieving about stopping or continuing anyway has to do with driver signing just continue if it's anything else please post back the exact message that appears.
    5. If after you install the driver it should have you restart the computer. if it does not, restart the computer anyway.
    6. After the computer restarts after installing the driver then attach the m-audio device to the computer with the USB cable.
    7. The windows "found new hardware" wizard should open up. Tell it to automatically install the software (should be the default selection).
    8. Once windows has finished installing the software for your new hardware restart the machine again.
    9. After the machine restarts see if you are able to get any sound from the device.

Partie™

when i go to install the driver this window comes up.....

like normal.... but as soon as that bar reaches the end the window disapears and nothing else pops up. Is that how it should be.

Member Help2Go Moderator

you disappeared. You should really get rid of the spyware problems that you have before trying to figure out the hardware issues which could possibly be caused by this other stuff running on your machine.

Partie™

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast