Default Can't load screen savers

I am running a Gateway (new) desktop with windows XP home. When I try to load a screeensaver, it shows it in the preview, but it will not come up on my screen after I save it and exit. None of them will load. Is it possible loading a wireless mouse and keyboard had anything to do with it? I think the screensaver I was using might have quit about the time I loaded the software for the wireless mouse and keyboard. Also, I downloaded IE 7, didn't like it and uninstalled it about the same time. I am now running IE 6.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Suggest you go back to a Restore point before this happened (including IE7) and see if that sets it right. Then add mouse and let it run for a day to make sure no problems, then the keyboard .. this should rule them out as the problem. It more than likely was IE7 and it has left some junk in the registry.

What is the file extension ?

.scr - is the normal file extension

BG

The file extension is fine and after thinking about it, I decided the problem started after installation of a wireless keyboard and mouse. After three hours on the phone with Gateway tech support, they are going to send a restore disk because the problem goes away with an old restore point. Thanks for the input and suggestions.