Default Troubleshoot burned audio CD

Greetings All --

I copied one track of an audio CD-RW (private, not licensed) from a lecture, to a CD-R.

The CD I created plays fine on the computer CD Drive, but does not play in my friend's BOSE system for CD's or the CD Player in my friend's car.

I have copied CD's in the past and they have played correctly across all formats. What are the things I need to be aware of in creating an audio CD to play successfully across all CD player formats?

I am reading through the post on: "cds do not work on boombox" just after posting this. (My search criteria did not pick this thread up previously). There may be some good stuff here. I will explore this. The orignial CD-RW was a 700 MB / 80 minute. The CD-R to copy to is the same format. I do not know the specs on her BOSE or her Car CD player. I think this may have to do with closing the session.

I burned the CD at her house for her, using Roxio software on her Gateway PC with Windows XP.

She asked me to try to make another copy on MY PC, which is an HP Pavillion a1120n with Windows XP Media Operating System...

Can you help me out? 8)
    "Encourage one another and build one another up!"

OK, well, based on that series of threads (cds do not work on boombox), I am avoiding the WMP as my tool and opting for the Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7, which has the option to create an audio CD for use on multiple players.

I will make the copy and check in out on my own boom box and see that it works.

If you have additional insight on this, please post away - I always learn from this August body of experts.

I will advise on my progress once I have it completed :roll: and close this out if it is a success.

I'm excited to say my program ripped and burned an audio CD that worked on 2 different CD players as well as my PC. It also did it much more quickly than on my friend's PC.

• All is well, please close this request out.

Just an FYI - I DID select the "audio" option when I recorded hers from her home. The original CR-RW had the information in a .cda format. Perhaps the difference in the software program?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Thanks lpmtnmvr for keeping us posted. WMP has never been a particularly good writer in my opinion. Nero is considered to be the best program out there for recording, but Roxio isn't too bad either. Glad you got it all sorted out.