Default BOOT UP problem..... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the deal. I just up graded my computer from Windows ME to XP Home, and now it wont boot up it keep saying that I one of my disk has to be check for consistency and keeps rebooting it self. I know that it has worms and trojns on it could that be part of the problem? thanks for all your help in advance.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Can't understand why a person would update their operating system without first getting rid of malware .... don't know how you expect the upgrade to work??

Can you at least boot up into Safe Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Can't understand why a person would update their operating system without first getting rid of malware .... don't know how you expect the upgrade to work??

Can you at least boot up into Safe Mode?
    Good question Canuck, sounds like a clean install of Windows XP would have been the best option in this case. I would recommend backing up all of your files and fdisk and reformat the computer. This will give you a clean start and you can reinstall all of your programs after you get all of your needed drivers. It's never a good idea to update a computer that has viruses, malware or spyware on it. The best bet is a clean install. Good luck.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Default thanks guys

I know I now, guys and your right! I tried to deleat the partion to just get a clean install but it wouldn't let me deleat it so I installed it over it and now I got this mess. Canuck I thank you for your help. and every one eles too , but you always have my back. with that said how should I proceed.

Member Help2Go Moderator

You said it wouldn't let you delete the partition? Why not? error messages?

Partie™

yes I keep getting a error messege when I tried to delete it.

Member Help2Go Moderator

and that error message would be...?

Partie™