Default COMPUTER DOESN'T DO ANYTHING!

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY SISTER'S COMPUTER. SHE CALLED ME ASKING ME IF I KNEW WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT BUT I HAVE NO IDEA. IT HAD A VIRUS AND MY SISTER WENT INTO THE RECOVERY PROGRAM TO SEE IF SHE COULD FIX THE COMPUTER BECAUSE IT WAS VERY SLOW. NOW THAT SHE DID THE RECOVERY SHE CAN'T GET INTO ANY OF THE PROGRAMS THE COMPUTER ORIGINALLY CAME WITH, LIKE THE GAMES AND EVERYTHING ELSE. AND WHEN SHE GOES IN THE INTERNET ITS SLOW AND WON'T LET HER IN ANY GAMES, MAIL OR SOME WEBSITES. SHE ALSO SAYS THAT SHE TRIED TO GO INTO 'CONTROL PANNEL' AND A MESSAGE THAT SAYS "DESKTOP.... DOCUMENTS ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE... ACCESS IS DENIED" POPS UP BEFORE IT EVEN OPENS CONTROL PANNEL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH IT OR WHAT I SHOULD DO?

Please don't type in all capital letters it is considered shouting and is very rude.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Does she have a anti virus scanner. If not get one. Also a malware scanner.
    AVG is great free anti virus scanner and Adaware and/or Spybot for malware.
    There are several article in our Tutorials section on dealing with all these nasties. Worth a read and if you follow the tutorials the infected system should be clean.
    There are also other causes for a slow computer.
    The main one is having too many programs running.
    Unfortunately every application thinks it should start up with the system. They don't.
    Get her to do the ctrl alt del thing and tell you what is listed under processes.
    or
    go to http://www.pcauthority.com.au/downlo...button-24.aspx
    Download Panic Button. This applic takes a snapshot of a screen and emails it to whoever.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.