Default Drive doesnt open

I am using Windows-Xp service pack 2.I have two partitions and when i double click on it, it doesn't open. I have to right click on it and then click open. Doubleclicking on C and D drive doesnot make any difference.

I dont know why is the drive not opening on double clicking. Please help me out.......

Have you tried running the Check Disk utility?

Is the left click button on the mouse working correctly for everything else besides opening the drives? If not go to Start, Control Panel, Mouse, click the Buttons tab and be sure both Left Click & Right Click are set to Default. If not change the settings and cick Apply and then Ok. Another thing to try if that doesn't help is another mouse.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Default Re: Drive doesnt open

hello mithiljani

if i may trouble you to clarify the following excerpt from your original post it (referring in this case to the clarification of your post) might help in reaching a solution. assuming one has not yet been reached.

Quote Originally Posted by mithiljani
    I have two partitions and when i double click on it, it doesn't open.
    my questions: where are you? who are you? and what pray tell is 'IT'?

where are you when you are trying to double click on 'it'? explorer window? computer management window? from outside your bedroom window? in safe mode? in explore view? in Raxco's PerfectDisc program?

who are you logged in as when you are trying to double click on 'it'? admin? user? guest?

and last, but most certainly not least... if i could have a drum roll please... thanks... ok, here we go.... mithiljani, for $25,000.00 can you tell us...

what is IT?

hopefully i will survive the already overwhelming feelings of anticipation long enough for you to reply.

cheers!
    'Everything is relative', said the speed of light.

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the help. It was a trojan having file as wscript.exe. It was spreading when i double click on any of my drives. I cleaned it with the help of symantec. After that my drives started opening on double clicking.

Thanks for your messages. Thank you very much......

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Thanks for getting back to us and also for giving us the fix.