Default media center help

we have been using the media center to record tv programs when not able to watch them live..we have our cable box hooked up to it and my husband goes through the pain taking efforts of getting everything set up only to find that when he closes the program he has to reload everything up again...this is time consuming and a pain in the you know what...is there any way that if you accidently click off on media center that you don't have to go to all that trouble of setting it up again??? thanks for all help

Media Center or Media Player?
    If Windows Media Player, what version, 9,10 or 11?
    Windows XP?
    Sorry but this question is a little bit confusing.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

media center Bear as per the subject of my problem...

we set up media center to record future programs
    after all is set up it is shrunk and still excessible in the tray so we can re-click on it to enlarge it and use it..
    if we click off on it we loose everything and have to reload it all back..(recorded programs are still there but the process of loading everything is gone?
    just very time consuming reloading everything back in again...hope this helps

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi dentalgal,

I don't have Media Center, but we can try a few things. You obviously have 'capture' capabilities, what program are you using to make these settings. Look for Options tab (usually found under Tools), in options you should be able to make default setings. If you can't find anything, try the help tab and type in default setings and see what it comes up with. If you can walk us through the process (names of the windows that open) we can hopefully figure out the what, where's and why's of it.