Default CD burner not working

I have a problem with my cd burner. I go to burn a audio cd in WMP 11, it analyzes the CD-R and prepare's it for burning but when it goes to write the audio to the disk, it says that there's an error. It prompts me to try a different brand of CD-R's or make sure that one is clean but the CD-R's are brand new Maxell and they don't have a scratch on them. I've tried burning the cd's on many different software programs but nothing seems to burn. Does anyone know what to do to fix it?

Please tell us the make and model of your CD burner drive. There may be a firmware upgrade available or driver updates.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

This problem has come up before and I believe it has to do with a bug in the new WMP11. If you have another program such as Nero (rated one of the best) I would use that before using WMP. WMP has never been very strong in the CD creating side of things. If it worked for you in WMP10, I suggest you uninstall 11 .. go to Start> Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > make sure the box at the top 'show updates' is checked> scroll down to WMP11> highlight and uninstall. It should automatically revert to WMP10, if it doesn't (it may revert to default WMP9) then all you do is do a search for WMP10 and download from the Microsoft site. Hope this helps, keep us posted.