Default Keyboard Virus...need to reinstall windows

Hey- I have a Dell inspiron 600m laptop. While on vacation over a wireless network in a hotel, I must have somehow contracted a keyboard virus. certain keys stopped working (including the enter key). Windows would still boot up and i could perform any functions that didnt require those certain keys, or i copy and pasted with the mouse. Anyways, I decided to save all my important files to an external hard drive and attempt to reinstall windows. I ran the reinstallation CD and now keep getting stuck in the text only setup screen where it gives me options of where I want to boot from. Without the enter key, I have nowhere to go. I've managed to progress to a few different screens by use of other keys but always hit a wall. Anyone out there have any reccomendations of how I can reinstall windows. All the stuff I wanted to keep is saved elsewhere and I dont mind losing everything on the comp. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

HI

Sounds like you have a defective keyboard ... have you tried a different one ?

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

Quote Originally Posted by steamwiz
    HI

Sounds like you have a defective keyboard ... have you tried a different one ?

steam
    Steam it's a laptop, the keyboard is part of the computer. :wink: Still it may be a good idea to hookup another keyboard to the laptop and see if that resolves the problem with some keys not functioning correctly.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.