Default multiple networks working together

Hi,

I am helping a doctor friend of mine to setup a new network at his new office building. I have done many small networks, and i would guess this one isn't big by any stretch of the imagination, but it requires a few things that I am not sure about. I have made a diagram and some info at the following link which should make it easy for someone with the proper knowledge to look at and make suggestions.

http://sinasylum.com/jimmy/network.htm

Thank you very much for your time,

Jimmy

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Jimmy,

In the past we've had requests like yours, one I remember was to set up a system for a small hotel. Our advice then and now is to find a company in the business of setting up such systems. Even more so in a doctor's office where confidential files, backup systems perhaps wifi is used. Unless you are a professional (you're asking advice indicates you're not) I would suggest not touching it for legal and insurance reasons, let alone for servicing and maintenance of such a system.

Help2go is here to assist individual (at home) PC problems on a volunteer basis free of charge, not for businesses. I don't think you'll find a computer help site such as Help2go that will assist you in this. Your best bet is to do a search for professional networking, it will cost $$ though.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help.

Please note, out of curiosity I remember that you have asked questions in the past, so I've checked them out. Our members have responded to them all, but I must say you have not responded to the majority of questions or possible fixes or mentioned if the information has been of any help. It is quite demoralizing not to even be acknowledged for the help given by even a final post of gratitude. I must admit when you first started out in 2003 you did so, but since 2004/5 very little if any.

Got to agree with Canuck - Hire somebody.

We are here not to replace people that get paid to work on a work PC problem.

BG

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Canuck & BG. Being a certified network technician myself I'm not going to take food off of the table of someone that makes their living setting up networks. JMHO hire a qualified professional. If this was a network in a home setting I would be glad to help you but in this case I won't be able to. This is a doctor so I'm sure they can afford to hire a pro to set up the network. Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.