Thread: pc wont boot

Default pc wont boot

My friend has an old pc which has not been used for about six months and now when I turn it on I hear it whirring but nothing comes up on screen. The screen is turned on but no picture. Does anyone have any ideas as to whether this is caused because of the long layoff. The last time it was turned on was to go on line and cancel internet. It was okay then. I dont have any details because it was a gift to my friend's late husband from his kids and she cant contact them.
    I live in hope
    beez

cdm

Could be that it needs a good cleaning inside. Depending on where it was stored, there might be a buildup of dust inside the computer. Best to remove the casing and clean it with a Air compressor for computers. Also when a computer is carried from one place to another - there are chances that the parts inside either get dislodged or their wires need to be placed back.
    Do you hear any beeps when the computer boots - that might give us an indication on what the problem might be.
    If it is to be me, it is to be me.

i had a smilair issue a few months ago, my pc powered up, but got a blank screen, turns out it was my memory was shot and after replacing my ram all work fine.

my advice is check the ram in a different pc if you can, or try swapping the stick over. hope this helps