Default 32 bit transfer mode:

I notice in my bios that 32 bit transfer mode, is disabled sood this be enabled or not?

:shock:

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This setting allows for 32-bit data transfers between the processor and the PCI bus. Actual transfers to the disk are always done 16 bits at a time, but enabling this option will cause a small performance improvement on the transfer from the bus to the processor.

If your disk supports this, enable it for a performance increase. Disable it if you encounter any difficulty or if your disk doesn't support it.

Note: This setting has nothing to do with Windows 3.x's "32-bit disk access" or "32-bit file access", which refer to something different entirely.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

whoozhe thanks for the reply, i notice on this forum i dont get a email telling me ive a new message?

If your disk supports this, enable it for a performance increase. Disable it if you encounter any difficulty or if your disk doesn't support it.

Quote Originally Posted by tronic592001
    whoozhe thanks for the reply, i notice on this forum i dont get a email telling me ive a new message?

Check your profile settings, you need to request to be notified of replies to your questions. See attachment