Default Open Proxy Connections

i dont know if this is the right thread to post this but since this is not a spyware i posted it here.

in registering in a message board / forum i encountered this message:

Our server has detected the presence of multiple IP connections from your machine, with one of the connections being an "Open Proxy" or blacklisted IP. Connections of this nature are often used in order to abuse, spam or defraud. Our server has denied you any further access until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed.

now i do not intend to abuse it or use it. but since i need to register here to play the MMORPG game i would like to ask help to be able to do the "until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed." part of the message.

thanks

Member Help2Go Moderator

until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed
    Alright there are a couple of things that could be happening here.

1.) I'm assuming your ISP assigns you an IP address every once in a while and maybe someone that had the IP you're currently using abused their TOS on that forum and so that IP is blocked (blacklisted).

2.) You are using an anonymous proxy service/software. Either setup your internet connection to not use the anonymous proxy software or uninstall any proxy software you are currently using on your computer.

3.) You are using AOL (which their connection uses a proprietary proxy) and #1 is happening along with their proxy server.

4.) The forum that you are trying to access, whatever software/script they are using to detect your IP address and decides whether or not to let someone in is malfunctioning.

For 1&3 if you don't believe you are running an anonymous proxy through your connection or have a proxy server installed on your computer then ask your ISP (very nicely) if they will give you a new IP address. If they won't, find a used network card somewhere and install it and use that for your internet connection since the new mac address will need a new IP from the ISP.

For 2, uninstall the proxy software or tell your internet connection to not use a proxy server.

For 4, contact the administrator/webmaster of the forum and explain to them (nicely!) what the situtation is and see if they are able to help you further.
    Partie™

Edit: added #4

thanks! the problem was #1 so i asked my internet service provider to give me a new ip add!

thanks sir! your help is very much appreciated
    Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Member Help2Go Moderator

excellent, glad it worked out for you!

Partie™

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

If you have ADSL you can change your ip.
    Most ISP will allow a connection using either your user name or your full username@etc.
    If you disconnect, change the username to either or the above and reconnect you will be issued a new IP.
    I tend to do this periodically. It also helps if someone has managed to grab my IP and use it in a sinister way.
    Of course this only works if your IP is dynamic and not static.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

I seriously doubt that you have a static IP address. In all likelihood you have a dynamic IP address. Your ISP (Internet service provider) has a block of IP addresses that they assign to their customers within the pool of addresses. To see your IP address and or change it follow these instructions.

Click Start
    Click Run
    Type cmd
    At the command prompt type the following command and hit the enter key.
    ipconfig /all (this will tell you all of your information regarding your IP address.
    To force your ISP (Internet service provider) to give you a new IP address follow the instructions below.

Click Start
    Click Run
    Type cmd
    Type ipconfig /release and hit the enter key
    Type ipconfig /renew
    and hit the enter key

This will give you the next available IP address that is in the block your ISP has reserved.

I hope this helps, if you have further questions feel free to ask for clarifacation.