Default installing internet telewest blueyonder

hi guys at home im currently trying to get on telewest broadband when i try to install the installation cd it gets so far then says error check your modem cables are ok and retry in 90seconds - these cables are all fine ive rebooted several times still the same error and message while this is happening i get a messenger service saying 55 critical errors go to www.regfix.com to clean registry - however ive seen else where on this site this messenger is a scam i will disable the messenger will this sort my problem or is it something else?

any help would be really appreciated

Hi blaggy -

[quote="blaggy ive rebooted several times still the same error and message

[/quote]

Have you 'rebooted ' the modem? Turn off the power to the modem for 30 seconds and then turn it on a again. Wait for the the modem to go through it's 'start up' processes (up to a minute) and then try again.

There is a dedicated Blueyonder Forum at the link below where several NTL/Telewest Techs contribute.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/index.php
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Most ADSL set up CD's are designed for specific branded modem/routers.
    Not every modem can be covered.
    I suggest you do the set up manually. Your ISP should help you through the setup.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.