Default software install problem

When trying to install Pet Vet 3D animal hospital it goes through the whole process and then I get this message missing export DBGHELP.DLL:symfromaddr. Can't figure it out.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Go here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl....shtml?dbghelp and download the .dll to your desktop. Unzip it to desktop. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and look to see if there is a dbghelp.dll file. If so, right click on it and >Rename. Add .old to the end, like this dbghelp.dll.old now go back to the desktop, copy the new dbghelp.dll and past it in the same place as the old one. If by any chance it's not in the System32 file, do a search for it, change the name (with .old as above) and paste the new one there (NOTE if in another file, still put a copy into System32). Reboot ... keep us posted.

Default Thanks so much!

I am a stay at home mom with not much computer knowledge, but an eager 8 year old that filled a chore chart to play her new pet vet. game. Did a yahoo search found this , followed the super easy instructions and am set. You were a huge lifesaver! Thanks a million!!!

four_of_russ

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Glad to have helped

Default This pluse one other tip = Pet Vet 3D problem solved!

Hi --

This partially solved my problem with Pet Vet 3D. The rest is below.

First, thanks for the great tip. It gave me an invaluable starting point. Here's hoping this will, in turn, help the next person.

I'm running Windows 2000 and could not get Pet Vet 3D to run -- dgbhelp.dll problem.

I tried to replace dgbhelp.dll in my system32 folder as instructed. I'd replace the file, but then my computer would overwrite the file right back again. It kept replacing the NEW version with a copy of the old, original file. Try as I might, I could not get the new file to "stick" (anyone know why...?)

On a side note, I recently rebuilt my computer from a newly formatted harddrive and have a virus checker installed, so I don't think this is a virus thing...

I then found another thread about problems with a completely different game and it not working with an old .dll. They said to put the NEW .dll file in the same directory as the executable. Made sense to me -- many programs check the local directory first for library files. It tried it and it worked!

So, get the copy of the new dgbhelp.dll file, drop it in the same directory as the game executable (NOT where the shortcut is! It must be with the actual GAME program is) and see if that works for you.

Thanks again to all who helped!

-Ben