Default How to burn a CD or DVD

I have a windows xp system and a mutlimedia HP. Is there a simple way to burn and save info from Word and Excel to a DVD. Can I get a step by step way to do this. If the multi-media can't or won't do it can I use the software that came with the HP to do it?

Default DVD writting

I will give you the easiest step-by-step way to do this.
    Click START and then MY COMPUTER. You will see your DVD burner listed. Right click on it and create a shorcut, place it on your desktop. Also, the file that you wish to burn should be saved to your desktop. I hope that this is all easy stuff because it is basic but I can detail it if I am moving too fast.
    Now open the Icon for your DVD and size it so that you can see most of your desktop. You should have a small blank page open as your DVD. Now you are free to drag and drop anything onto this page, such as an office document that you want to save. When you can see that the document is in this box Click FILE, then WRITE THESE FILES TO CD, the CD/DVD file writting wizard will then open for you and walk you through the rest of the process.
    I hope this solves your problem,
    Comrad

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Any burning software will do. Just remember to burn the files as data.
    There are free ones available at http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilit...dburning.shtml
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.