Thread: How Do I?

Default How Do I?

If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it. I have windows 98 on my computer, but I dont have the original disk and I didn't choose to save uninstall info when I installed windows 98. So how do I completly uninstall my windows 98 and everything that comes with it. I want to start all over and install a new and better operating system. HELP! If you have a solution please email me at ChristinaRawdonATyahoo.com! THANK YOU!

NOTE. We do not respond to e-mail requests for help. Your question will be answered here in this thread. Advise you not to post your e-mail address in public forums, as this will attract spammers to you. If you must post your address, use AT instead of @.

Tinarawdon,
    Before you uninstall 98 you would need to tell us a little more about it.
    1. Year and make of computer, chances are you would need some hardware upgrades on an older machine before you can just install a new operating system, don't know what's on it go to this site click the (download tab) it will create a profile of your pc and show you what's inside. click the link :
    www.belarc.com

Zep.

What ever operating system you install will probably give you the option to reformat your hard drive. But as Zep said, most 98 machines will need some upgrading to run Windows XP. Probably more memory and a bigger hard drive, might be a better use of money to just get a new computer. Charlie