Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Computer lag problem

whenever i play a game like a mmorpg like ragnarok or like a flash game on a website or even a computer game that i bought i play for about 5 mins then a lag comes for like 10- 15 secs every 3-5 mins after that its really annoying me does any1 know how to stop this lag? i have factory restored my comp 2 times but nothing happened. plz help thanx

Hi - Can we have some system details. Make/Model of PC?, Laptop? Desktop? Tower?, Hard drive size? Operating System/ XP?, RAM - How much?, Graphics Card?, Processor?

If you don't have this information, download and run this free program and it will produce a report that has all this information.
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Not 100% sure about this, someone else may know, but....would restoring factory settings re-enable on-board graphics? If this is the case then onboard graphics may need to be disabled.
    Graphics card may need updated driver. Try the manufacturers site.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

o sorry forgot the system data well here it is. and i tried d/ling the driver for the graphic card but i cant seem to get it to work i get a error while im installing it.

Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Compaq C01BDABB
    System Serial Number: 2H19JXDUL340
    Asset Tag: 2H19JXDUL340
    Chassis Serial Number: 2H19JXDUL340
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    1.50 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
    8 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Compaq 077Ch
    Serial Number: 2H19JXDUL340
    Bus Clock: 400 megahertz
    BIOS: Compaq 686Y2 v3.04 07/29/2002
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    40.01 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    24.24 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

COMPAQ DVD-ROM DRD8120B [CD-ROM drive]
    LG CD-RW CED-8120B [CD-ROM drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

ST340810A [Hard drive] (40.02 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 6FB0AG44, rev 3.34, SMART Status: Healthy 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'XMM1' has 256 MB (serial number A3411202)
    Slot 'XMM2' has 256 MB (serial number A4411202)
    Slot 'XMM3' is Empty
    Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 35.83 GB 22.91 GB free
    d: (FAT32 on drive 0) 4.18 GB 1.33 GB free

Network Drives
    None detected

Hi - What is your graphics card, and what was the error when you tried to install the driver?
    Is this machine on constantly?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

16mb NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT [Display adapter]( is the graphics card ) the error was this ...

heres the pic on imageshack ____ http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=erroez7.png

Try to get Driver from link below,

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

You should disable onboard graphics.

1. Some boards automatically disable the onboard graphics as soon as you plug a card in.
    2. Some boards have a physical jumper on the motherboard.
    3. Sometimes you need to enter bios to disable on board graphics.

Zep.

idk how to disable the onboard graphics can u tellme

Hi - Unfortunately I can't read the error on your photo. Run Belarc Adviser again, unless you printed a copy.
    Under the heading 'Main Circuit Board' will be the BIOS that you have. Write it down. Also note any other details under this same heading.
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Then go to this link and there will be detailed the key(s) you have to press, as the system boots, to access the BIOS.
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Once in the BIOS you are looking for 'Advanced Chipset', where you should find the option to 'Disable' the Onboard Graphics. Navigating through the BIOS is done with the 'arrow' keys, on your keyboard, and ''enter'. There will be other keys(minimal) to use as well but the instructions will be displayed at the bottom of the BIOS screen. You will need to 'Exit Saving Changes' to apply the changes.

Alternatively, it may be necessary to fit/change a 'jumper' on the motherboard. To do this you would need to know, precisely, the make and model of your motherboard. Do you have a manual for this motherboard? If so, the positioning of the jumper, to disable onboard graphics, will be detailed somewhere in there.
    If you don't have the manual, it will be possible to track one down on the Internet once we know the make and model. If this information isn't reported by Belarc Advisor then you will have to remove the cover of your pc and look for some numbers and /or letters on the motherboard that may indicate the make and model.

This sounds more complicated than it really is.
    Regards.

k i did that but i couldnt find advance chipset or disable onboard... in the bios also i found somethin g like it said nvidia vga controller nad i disabled that btw do u have a msn account or aim or any instant messaging thing we can talk on?

well some1 told me it might be my computers temp so i d/led aida32 and i found out my temp for my comp which was

Motherboard 41 °C (106 °F)
    CPU 65 °C (149 °F)

is that bad? if it is can some1 tell me how to get it lower? thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast