Thread: Video Card

Default Video Card

Just upgraded my comp and I am having a problem with the GeForce 7300GS video card.

When i load the drivers one of them shows in the Device Manager as a conflict, " nVidia WDM Video Capture ( Universal )".

When the drivers are loading it says there is a problem "Device cannot start Code 10 ".

Tried reinstalling it loads of times now desperate for help because a prog i want to use " Ulead Video Studio " keeps telling me it cannot grab any of the pics i want to use.
    Any help would be appreciated.

From what I found the board has a history with Error code 10- the link below is Nvida's explanation-I have found many other reasons for the error but no clear solution- If you have just purchased the card you may consider contacting Nvida support , I would do that before doing what is recommend at the link below as it involves a bios change,

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13957.html

Zep.

Went there and there was no option to change the IRQ.

All I found that mentioned IRQ was in the PNP/PCI section of the BIOS titled " IRQ Resource Setup", on opening it I found IRQ3 to IRQ15 with and option to make it either Available or Reserved, at the moment all are set at Available.

So how can I "Assign IRQ to VGA" as per the instructions in the afore mentioned link?

Hi - Can you/have you tried the card in a different slot?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

The card is a PCI Express card and there are 2 slots on the board, yes i have tried it in both slots.

Your PC has two PCI Express slots,are you sure? PCI-E, is not the same as PCI.

BG

The MB is a MSI K9N SLI Platinum which does have 2 PCI Express x16 slots to enable you to run 2 video cards together.

The video card is GeForce 7300 GS.

Still looking for help and solution.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

From what I can make out from all the postings on this issue is it is a compatibility issue.
    You say you upgraded. What other parts did you upgrade and some details on your current system would help.
    I have read that a lot of gamers are not impressed with the card.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Upgrade was complete with new MB, new graphics card, 2Gb DDR2 ram, sata DVD drive.

Kept 2 original hard drives and LG DVD drive and tower.

Runs Win XP Pro.
    So I cannot see what is not compatable.